I meant to do a haul in April, but since I didn’t today’s haul will be a combination of my April and May beauty purchases. There are a couple of products in this haul that were recommended to me and I have been quite pleased with them. I’ve broken the products down into four categories: Hair, Nails, Make-Up, and Skin Care.
- L’oreal Paris EverStrong Sulfate Free Hydrate Shampoo/Conditioner – This shampoo and conditioner combo is designed to protect your hair from breakage. It doesn’t have any drying salts so it doesn’t strip your hair of moisture. Lastly, it has a clean minty scent that tingles when massaged into your scalp. Loves it!! My hair feels and smells so good every time I use these ($5.99 each, Target).
- Tresemme’s Thermal Creations: Heat Tamer Spray – This spray smells soooo good and is designed to protect your hair from heat damage that is often a result of using blow dryers and curling/flat irons. It also adds a light sheen to the hair after heat is applied to it (About $5.99, Target).
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Blew It (250) – This is a gorgeous dark blue with a beautiful shimmer. Comparable to China Glaze’s Frostbite, but it a bit darker ($2, Target).
- O.P.I. Nail Laquer in Yoga-Ta Get This Blue! – This is a beautiful dark blue (darker than Blew It) that looks amazing in sunlight ($9.50, Ulta).
- Ulta Nail Laquer in Dance Teal Dawn – This color is an iridescent dark green ($5, Ulta).
- China Glaze Nail Laquer:
- Pink Voltage (Neon) – Hot pink with an iridescent opal reflection. ($5.99, Sally’s Beauty Supply)
- Turned up Turquoise (Neon) – This is a super bright turquoise that actually looks like a bright green in certain lighting. Love it! (Free with purchase at Sally’s Beauty Supply)
- Purple Panic (Neon) – Actually looks pink with a purple reflection, but is a hot color!! ($3, Head2ToeBeauty.com) *When I do my favorite nail polish haul, I will swatch all of these polishes for you guys…
- Burt Bees Lemon Cuticle Oil – I heard about this cuticle oil in one of MissChievous’ (http://www.misschievous.tv/) nail tutorials on Youtube and I love it! It moisturizes my cuticles and keeps them from looking and feeling dry. BTW, you should check out her nail videos on Youtube…My nails have grown consistently over the pass couple of months thanks to her recommendations ($5.99, Target).
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads – These cleansing pads are designed to help to prevent breakouts, exfoliate skin, and even out your skin tone. What I love about them is that they have little exfoliating beads on one side of the pads, but is flat on the other. So you can choose whether you want to do a deep cleanse or a regular one (About $5, Target).
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer (with SPF 30 sunscreen) – This moisturizer is designed to even out your skin tone and protect your skin from the sun. Not sure if it actually works at this point, but I will keep you all posted on the results (About $14, Target).
- Olay Oil Minimizing Toner (with Witch Hazel) – This toner helps you to remove oil, dirt and make-up from your skin. It is great and visibly gets a lot of dirt/dead skin off of your face (About $5, Target).
- Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum – The verdict is still out on this product. I am not sure that it actually makes a difference in your pore size. I think that I see a difference but it could quite possibly be my imagination! Lol…It does make your face feel super soft, but I will keep you guys posted on how well this product works for me ($39, Nordstrom).
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion – Nice eyeshadow base. Keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for the most part ($18, Sephora).
- Wet’N’Wild Creme Liner- I love, love, love this creme eyeliner. It goes on so smoothly and lasts all day. The only think I don’t like about it is that it bleeds onto your upper lid if you don’t have an eyeshadow or base on your eyelids, but for $4 what more can you ask for?! ($3.99, CVS).
- Wet’N’Wild Blush in Heather Silk – This blush is very subtle, but pigmented enough to create the perfect pink cheek. ($2.99, Rite Aid).
- YSL Faux Cils Mascara – I’ve had this mascara for a little over a week and I am having a love/hate relationship with it. The first time I used it I thought it was amazing! The third time, it seemed a little clumpy. I don’t know if I just got an older one that has been sitting but there is something about this mascara that I don’t like. I will say that when I put it on that my lashes are super duper LONG! And it does give great volume as well. However, I don’t think it’s worth $30. Stick with the drugstore mascara ladies!! ($30, Nordstrom).
- YSL Lipgloss (#7) – This gloss is gorgeous! It looks like a pale pink in the bottle and goes on somewhat sheer. It smells amazing…Still trying to determine if its worth $30…Lol ($30, Nordstrom).
- Precision Sponge – This sponge is made by Sephora and is comparable to the Beauty Blender that is so popular. It can be used (wet) to put on foundation, blush, or concealer. It is rounded on one end and pointed on the other end for precise application in the nooks and crannies of the face…The verdict is still out on this one as well ($12, Sephora).
- Make-Up Forever Concealer – I had heard about this concealer on http://www.thefancyface.com (a great beauty blogger), and I decided to try it and I love it! The application is really smooth and the concealer does not move once you put it on, which is the problem I had with the Mac concealer I use ($30, Sephora).
- Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm – This lip balm is nice though there is nothing spectacular about it. I only bought it because I had absolutely no chap stick and it is nice when you just want to moisturize your lips without being all glossed up and shiney! ($2.99, Target).
I hope this information is useful, but if you should have any questions or comments, let me know! XOXO