When looking for a handbag for my birthday recently, I was contemplating whether or not I should splurge on the Alexander Wang Rocco bag. After much consideration I decided not to buy it. One reason why I refrained was because it is bloody expensive (in my Rebecca Bloomwood voice…if you have not read Sophie Kinsella’s Confessions of a Shopaholic get off my blog right now!)! Anywhoo, the handbag retails for $875. With tax that is quite close to $1000…I just couldn’t wrap my head around spending that much money on a handbag right now. But let me be clear, do not be surprised if it eventually makes an appearance here on Clutchez a year or two from now! I’m just saying…
I was also considering several Tory Burch satchels until I saw a complaint on Nordstrom.com about how the piping on the straps was coming aloose. Sheesh! So I kept looking and was considering a Diane Von Furstenburg bag one of my friends purchased recently (hey Tameka!). And when it went on sale on DVF.com I had to get it.
While I love fashion, I really hate to pay full price for anything! I always try to wait for things to go on sale especially if they cost a pretty penny! The DVF Drew Satchel Patchwork retails for $545, but was on sale for 30% off when I purchased it. It’s available here if you are interested in puchasing as well.
Here are 5 reasons why I love this satchel:
- It is huge! I can fit my books/journal as well as my ipad in it.
- It is effortlessly color blocked already. I love the various patterns and colors on the bag. The blue handles really makes the bag noticeably unique. The various textures and colors make this handbag versatile and it goes with everything!
- It is very structured. I love that it maintains its shape when you sit it down on a desk or table.
- It can be carried in the nook of my arm or carried as a shoulder bag.
- It is a classic handbag that is both trendy and timeless.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! XOXO