Can you imagine how excited I was when I received this colorblocked satchel as a gift from my boyfriend?! When I opened it I was so surprised at the color choice. How sweet and thoughtful (Thank you, Jay…xxxx). He knows that I love satchels, but wanted to switch things up a bit by forcing me out of my black satchel comfort zone…Loves it!
I’ve had this satchel for a few months now and I like to get a good feel for a bag before I review it here on the blog. The bag is super cute and easy to carry so I defintely would recommend it to you all. Here is my breakdown of the pros and cons…
- The gold hardware is everything!! I love the richness of it, and it seems to be longlasting as there isn’t any sign of wear. The yellow accents also make the satchel stand out.
- Like my DVF satchel I discussed here, I love that this satchel is already colorblocked, and can easily be rocked with a t-shirt and jeans or a sun dress.
- The leather is very soft and forgiving so the bag opens up wide enough for you to see everything inside. For those us who like to carry big handbags, things often get lost in them, but I don’t have that problem with this one.
- The bag is very lightweight so I can pack a million things into it and still carry it comfortably.
- It maintains its shape, unlike my other Marc by Marc Jacobs handbag. I hate it when bags look great on display because they are stuffed with tissue, but look awful once you take the tissue out. Very faux fabulous.
- The many straps make the bag versatile. You can carry it on your forearm, shoulder or as a cross body bag.
- And this con is not a big deal at all…The shoulder strap is really long. I am about 5’7 and I made the strap as short as I possibly could and its still a little longer than I like. But for those of you that are taller than me, you would definitely appreciate the long strap.
Here some detailed pictures:
Overall, I think the bag is amazing. I will continue to wear it into the Spring and Summer months. I love how casual it is. I can conveniently use it when I am shopping or running errands and want to carry something that isn’t fussy. I also love that it exapnds so I can toss my journals and ipad in it without any trouble. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available at Nordstrom where he found it, but you can find this satchel at Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue. Hope you all enjoyed this post…xx